What should I do if the hamster is bleeding from his mouth?
the hamster is bleeding from his mouth? You know how worried we are about our pets. We take care of him as our family members. This morning, when I saw blood coming from my hamster’s mouth, I was very scared, then after cleaning his blood and examining him thoroughly, it was found that he had chewed a sharp stone, due to which he got a cut on his mouth. There can be many reasons for bleeding from the mouth, so let’s start with its cause and then how to stop it.
Causes of bleeding from the mouth.
There are many causes of heart disease, but mostly hamsters above 1 year of age become victims of it. It is also due to being of a different breed, due to excess obesity, low blood pressure, and lack of nutrition.
Gum disease is usually not detected in the early stages. When this problem increases a lot and starts hurting, then we will see all these symptoms, falling teeth, bleeding from the mouth, and not being able to eat properly.
-Thrombus (Blood clotting)
Blood clots form when platelets and plasma proteins clump together and collide. When a hamster vein is clogged, the blood flow slows down. Due to this, there is a problem with breathing, pain in the limbs
-Fight from another hamster
Hamsters cause harm to each other due to fighting among themselves, due to which blood can come out of their mouth or their jaws can burst.
The cause of bleeding from the mouth may be that the hamster has eaten (can food), sharp stones, and glasses. If your hamster is found near the garbage, he may have chewed something sharp from there.
Your hamster may be suffering from internal wounds. Due to this blood has coagulated inside his body and all of them comes out of his mouth at the same time.
Cancer is a huge disease that is found in humans as well as animals and it increases with age. To find out, we need to see if there are any lumps and bumps in our hamster’s body. After some time blood starts coming out of his mouth.
Due to lack of oral hygiene in the hamster, germs start growing in the mouth, their gums become swollen and toothache starts. It may result in blood coming from its mouth.
What to do for controlling the blood from the hamster’s mouth.
- First of all, we should clean our hamster’s mouths. Then he should be calmed and his gums should be examined to see why there is blood. If the hamster has a problem with his gum and the bleeding is not stopped yet, then we should take him to the veterinary hospital as soon as possible.
- After cleaning the blood of the hamster’s mouth, it has to be seen that there is no deep cut, if there is, then it has to be examined thoroughly and if any sharp object is still left then it will have to be taken to the veterinary hospital as soon as possible
- If we do not see any injury in the hamster’s mouth, then it may be that he has an internal injury. So take him to the veterinary hospital and get him x-rayed so that his internal injury can be detected. If your hamster has had an operation before, then inform the veterinary hospital in advance, so that the doctor can find his illness early.
- We have to take proper care of our hamster and take him to the veterinarian every week, check his gums properly, and keep his teeth clean. Water, Protein, Fats, Carbohydrates, Minerals, and Vitamins are essential in a hamster’s daily diet.
- For speedy recovery, you feed him healthy food on regular basis. By eating healthy food, the hamster will recover quickly and its gums will also heal quickly
These are some examples of healthy food–
-Clean and fresh water
- Pay attention to your hamster so that the relationship between the two of you remains good and he does not try to bite you again. Take time for your hamster so that both of you can play together and spend more time, maybe after that your hamster will like you.
- Train your hamster properly so that he will not try to bite you again, initially, he will not listen to you but after some time when your hamster is trained, he will not try to bite you again. It can take a long time period for a hamster to get trained, but you kept training the hamster.
- You can stop the hamster from biting by giving a treat. Give him something at the feast that the hamster likes to eat the most, when the hamster tries to bite you again, then do not give him a treat on that day so that he realizes that he has done it wrong. This method will not harm your hamster.
- Allow your hamster to interact with children and other people so that the hamster enjoys being with everyone, maybe after that, he doesn’t bite anyone because the hamster does not know how to react in front of everyone.
- If your hamster is very aggressive, keep him in the cage so that it does not bite anyone. If you leave him open then he can bite anyone so you should try to keep him calm and spend more time with your pet. When a guest comes to your house, you just have to keep him in the cage otherwise leave him open.
Now you already know how aggressive your cute hamster is, so treat him well so that he doesn’t try to get you out of his mouth again and train him properly. There are many reasons for bleeding from the mouth, which many recover quickly and many die, try to feed the hamster a healthy diet and take care of it properly. If you have any queries other than that, then you can share them in the comment section so that we can find their solution and share it with you.